Ten Top Tips On Marketing Your Screenplay
QUESTION: How do you capture a film executive’s attention?
ANSWER: Write a brilliant screenplay.
QUESTION: I wrote a brilliant screenplay. Now what?
ANSWER: Gain entry past the film industry gatekeepers. Here’s how…
1. Only submit your screenplay to a company when it has been requested.
2. Research companies producing in your genre and query them.
3. Learn the company’s script submission guidelines and follow them closely.
4. Use up-to-date resource directories. Development executives come and go; someone who is working at a company today may be gone tomorrow or may have a new position and title.
5. Write an attention-grabbing query letter that has the executive’s name and correct spelling. Do not address your query: To Whom It May Concern.
6. Write a scintillating one-page synopsis that accurately reflects your screenplay.